Detached Retina Incidence
Facts about retinal detachment:
- About 1 in 10,000 people suffer a retinal detachment each year in the US.
- Retinal detachment is more common in males than in females.
Continue to Detached Retina Risk Factors
- Gariano RF, Kim CH. Evaluation and management of suspected retinal detachment. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Apr 1;69(7):1691-8. 
- Sarrazin L, Averbukh E, Halpert M, Hemo I, Rumelt S. Traumatic pediatric retinal detachment: a comparison between open and closed globe injuries. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004 Jun;137(6):1042-9. 
- Sharma A, Grigoropoulos V, Williamson TH. Management of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment with inferior breaks. Br J Ophthalmol. 2004 Nov;88(11):1372-5. 
- Ung T, Comer MB, Ang AJ, Sheard R, Lee C, Poulson AV, Newman DK, Scott JD, Richards AJ, Snead MP. Clinical features and surgical management of retinal detachment secondary to round retinal holes. Eye. 2005 Jun;19(6):665-9.