What to expect with dermatomyositis:
- About 50 percent of those with dermatomyositis recover completely.
- About 30 percent of people have weakness after the disease resolves.
- Most people respond well to treatment.
Continue to Dermatomyositis Complications
- Ghate J, Katsambas A, Augerinou G, Jorizzo JL. Review article: a therapeutic update on dermatomyositis/polymyositis. Int J Dermatol. 2000 Feb;39(2):81-7. N
- Peloro TM, Miller OF 3rd, Hahn TF, Newman ED. Juvenile dermatomyositis: a retrospective review of a 30-year experience. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001 Jul;45(1):28-34. 
- Peretz B. Juvenile dermatomyositis: literature review and report of a case. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2001 Oct;22(10):858-62, 864. 
- Yang Y, Fujita J, Tokuda M, et al. Clinical features of polymyositis/dermatomyositis associated with silicosis and a review of the literature. Rheumatol Int. 2001 Aug;20(6):235-8.