Facts about dermatomyositis:
- About 2 out of 100,000 people in the US have dermatomyositis.
- Dermatomyositis is most common in adults from 40 to 60 years of age.
- Women are affected twice as often as men.
- Dermatomyositis also occurs in children between the ages of 5 and 15 years.
Continue to Dermatomyositis Symptoms
- Ghate J, Katsambas A, Augerinou G, Jorizzo JL. Review article: a therapeutic update on dermatomyositis/polymyositis. Int J Dermatol. 2000 Feb;39(2):81-7. N
- Peloro TM, Miller OF 3rd, Hahn TF, Newman ED. Juvenile dermatomyositis: a retrospective review of a 30-year experience. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001 Jul;45(1):28-34. 
- Peretz B. Juvenile dermatomyositis: literature review and report of a case. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2001 Oct;22(10):858-62, 864. 
- Yang Y, Fujita J, Tokuda M, et al. Clinical features of polymyositis/dermatomyositis associated with silicosis and a review of the literature. Rheumatol Int. 2001 Aug;20(6):235-8.