Dermatitis Stasis Prevention
Prevention of stasis dermatitis includes:
- Avoid prolonged standing and sitting.
- Avoid wearing girdles.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Avoid standing for long periods.
- Elevate your legs:
- Never sit with your legs hanging from the chair.
- Keep your feet on the floor.
- Follow an exercise plan developed with your doctor.
- Wear elastic support hose for venous stasis.
- Weight loss if you are overweight
- Take prescription medications as directed.
Continue to Dermatitis Stasis Outlook
- Dissemond J, Knab J, Lehnen M, Franckson T, Goos M. Successful treatment of stasis dermatitis with topical tacrolimus. Vasa. 2004 Nov;33(4):260-2. 
- Heit JA. Venous stasis syndrome: the long-term burden of deep vein thrombosis. Hosp Med. 2003 Oct;64(10):593-8. 
- Weiss SC, Nguyen J, Chon S, Kimball AB. A randomized controlled clinical trial assessing the effect of betamethasone valerate 0.12% foam on the short-term treatment of stasis dermatitis. J Drugs Dermatol. 2005 May-Jun;4(3):339-45.