Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms trigger factors Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care taking control warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Dermatitis Psoriasis Evaluation
- Thick, red skin
- Silver scales on the surface of the rash
- Usually on the elbows, knees, trunk, scalp, skin folds or buttocks
- Hair loss in the region of the rash
- Fingernail pitting
- Joint stiffness:
The diagnosis of psoriasis can be made without testing.
Tests that may be used to evaluate psoriasis include:
Continue to Dermatitis Psoriasis Treatment
PubMed Dermatitis Psoriasis References
- Aaronson DS, Lebwohl M. Review of therapy of psoriasis: the prebiologic armamentarium. Dermatol Clin. 2004 Oct;22(4):379-88, viii. 
- Afifi T, de Gannes G, Huang C, Zhou Y. Topical therapies for psoriasis: evidence-based review. Can Fam Physician. 2005 Apr;51:519-25. 
- Bruner CR, Feldman SR, Ventrapragada M, Fleischer AB Jr. A systematic review of adverse effects associated with topical treatments for psoriasis. Dermatol Online J. 2003 Feb;9(1):2. 
- Mason J, Mason AR, Cork MJ. Topical preparations for the treatment of psoriasis: a systematic review. Br J Dermatol. 2002 Mar;146(3):351-64.