Depression Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of depression.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Depression Shock Therapy
- Badamgarav E, Weingarten SR, Henning JM, Knight K, Hasselblad V, Gano A Jr, Ofman JJ. Effectiveness of disease management programs in depression: a systematic review. Am J Psychiatry. 2003 Dec;160(12):2080-90. 
- Bair MJ, Robinson RL, Katon W, Kroenke K. Depression and pain comorbidity: a literature review. Arch Intern Med. 2003 Nov 10;163(20):2433-45. 
- Barrett B, Byford S, Knapp M. Evidence of cost-effective treatments for depression: a systematic review. J Affect Disord. 2005 Jan;84(1):1-13. 
- Neumeyer-Gromen A, Lampert T, Stark K, Kallischnigg G. Disease management programs for depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Med Care. 2004 Dec;42(12):1211-21. 
- Remick RA. Diagnosis and management of depression in primary care: a clinical update and review. CMAJ. 2002 Nov 26;167(11):1253-60. 
- Wulsin LR. Is depression a major risk factor for coronary disease? A systematic review of the epidemiologic evidence. Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2004 Mar-Apr;12(2):79-93.