Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms children men women Evaluation Treatment drugs lithium SSNRI drugs SSRI drugs tricyclics psychotherapy questions for doctor shock therapy specialist TMS Home Care diet insomnia stress taking control warning signs Complications Underlying Cause associated conditions Types bipolar disorder dysthymic disorder grief major depression OAD SAD situational depression teenage depression
Lithium can cause kidney damage if the blood level gets too high. Routine lithium blood levels are important for all patients taking this medicine.
Continue to Depression SSNRI Drugs
PubMed Depression References
- Badamgarav E, Weingarten SR, Henning JM, Knight K, Hasselblad V, Gano A Jr, Ofman JJ. Effectiveness of disease management programs in depression: a systematic review. Am J Psychiatry. 2003 Dec;160(12):2080-90. 
- Bair MJ, Robinson RL, Katon W, Kroenke K. Depression and pain comorbidity: a literature review. Arch Intern Med. 2003 Nov 10;163(20):2433-45. 
- Barrett B, Byford S, Knapp M. Evidence of cost-effective treatments for depression: a systematic review. J Affect Disord. 2005 Jan;84(1):1-13. 
- Neumeyer-Gromen A, Lampert T, Stark K, Kallischnigg G. Disease management programs for depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Med Care. 2004 Dec;42(12):1211-21. 
- Remick RA. Diagnosis and management of depression in primary care: a clinical update and review. CMAJ. 2002 Nov 26;167(11):1253-60. 
- Wulsin LR. Is depression a major risk factor for coronary disease? A systematic review of the epidemiologic evidence. Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2004 Mar-Apr;12(2):79-93.