Dengue Fever Treatment
Treatment for Dengue fever includes rest, plenty of fluids, and acetaminophen or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain and fever control. Treatment for severe Dengue fever may include intravenous fluids and antiviral medications.
Treatment for Dengue fever includes:
- Plenty of liquids
- Avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Avoid aspirin
- Acetaminophen for pain or fever
- Regular monitoring of platelet count and hematocrit.
Treatment for severe Dengue fever may include:
Dengue Fever Specialist
Continue to Dengue Fever Home Care
- Alejandria M. Dengue fever. Clin Evid. 2005 Jun;(13):887-95. 
- Mackenzie JS, Gubler DJ, Petersen LR. Emerging flaviviruses: the spread and resurgence of Japanese encephalitis, West Nile and dengue viruses. Nat Med. 2004 Dec;10(12 Suppl):S98-109. 
- Malavige GN, Fernando S, Fernando DJ, Seneviratne SL. Dengue viral infections. Postgrad Med J. 2004 Oct;80(948):588-601. 
- Wilder-Smith A, Schwartz E. Dengue in travelers. N Engl J Med. 2005 Sep 1;353(9):924-32.