Deficiency of Vitamin B12 Prevention
Prevention of pernicious anemia includes:
- Avoid alcohol.
- Make sure you are receiving adequate iron in your diet.
- Take a vitamin B supplement several times a week if you take medication that reduces stomach acid.
Continue to Deficiency of Vitamin B12 Outlook
- Carmel R. Prevalence of undiagnosed pernicious anemia in the elderly. Arch Intern Med. 1996 May 27;156(10):1097-100. 
- Lederle FA. Oral cobalamin for pernicious anemia: back from the verge of extinction. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1998 Sep;46(9):1125-7. 
- Wickramasinghe SN. The wide spectrum and unresolved issues of megaloblastic anemia. Semin Hematol. 1999 Jan;36(1):3-18.