Deep Venous Thrombosis Incidence
Facts about deep venous thrombosis:
- About 250,000 people are admitted to the hospital for deep venous thrombosis every year in the US.
- About 50,000 people die from the disease every year in the US.
Continue to Deep Venous Thrombosis Risk Factors
- Ansari MT, Cheung BM, Qing Huang J, Eklof B, Karlberg JP. Traveler's thrombosis: a systematic review. J Travel Med. 2005 May-Jun;12(3):142-54. 
- Elman EE, Kahn SR. The post-thrombotic syndrome after upper extremity deep venous thrombosis in adults: A systematic review. Thromb Res. 2005 Jul 5. 
- Gallus AS. Management options for thrombophilias. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2005 Feb;31(1):118-26. 
- Menajovsky LB, Spandorfer J. Benefits of more aggressive VTE prophylaxis in hospitalized medical patients. Cleve Clin J Med. 2004 Dec;71(12):947-8, 951-3, 956 passim. 
- Prandoni P. Controversial issues in the diagnosis of venous thromboembolism. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2003 Sep-2004 Dec;33(5-6):311-3. 
- Syed FF, Beeching NJ. Lower-limb deep-vein thrombosis in a general hospital: risk factors, outcomes and the contribution of intravenous drug use. QJM. 2005 Feb;98(2):139-45.