Decreased Pituitary Hormones Home Care
Home care for hypopituitarism includes:
- Follow an exercise plan developed with your doctor.
- Take your prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Avoid running out of your medication. Refill your prescriptions early.
- Don't stop taking your medication just because you feel better.
- If you feel worse, talk to your doctor before you stop your medication.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Do not stop prescription medications without talking to your doctor.
- Learn everything you can about hypopituitarism:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Decreased Pituitary Hormones Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have hypopituitarism and any of the following:
Continue to Decreased Pituitary Hormones Complications
- Dattani MT. Novel insights into the aetiology and pathogenesis of hypopituitarism. Horm Res. 2004;62 Suppl 3:1-13. 
- Smith JC. Hormone replacement therapy in hypopituitarism. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2004 May;5(5):1023-31.