Decreased Body Temperature Prevention
Prevention of hypothermia includes:
- Prepare for exposure to the cold:
- Wear wicking underwear
- Wear insulated clothes in layers.
- Wind chill can quickly lower skin temperature.
- Wear a hat.
- Keep extra clothes in your car.
- Get out of the cold quickly if you start to shiver.
- Avoid physical exertion that results in sweating.
- Remove wet clothes as soon as possible.
- Drink plenty of warm fluids.
- Eat high-energy food.
- Avoid alcohol.
Continue to Decreased Body Temperature Outlook
- Epstein E, Anna K. Accidental hypothermia. BMJ. 2006 Mar 25;332(7543):706-9. 
- Jurkovich GJ. Environmental cold-induced injury. Surg Clin North Am. 2007 Feb;87(1):247-67, viii.