Damaged Liver from Alcohol Incidence
Facts about cirrhosis:
- Cirrhosis is the seventh leading cause of death in the US.
- Cirrhosis is the third leading cause of death for adults between ages 45 and 65.
- About 25,000 people die each year from cirrhosis.
- Hepatitis C is the most common cause of cirrhosis, followed by alcoholism.
- About half of those who die from cirrhosis are alcoholics.
Continue to Damaged Liver from Alcohol Risk Factors
- Levitsky J, Mailliard ME. Diagnosis and therapy of alcoholic liver disease. Semin Liver Dis. 2004 Aug;24(3):233-47. 
- Tome S, Lucey MR. Review article: current management of alcoholic liver disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004 Apr 1;19(7):707-14. 
- Wakim-Fleming J, Mullen KD. Long-term management of alcoholic liver disease. Clin Liver Dis. 2005 Feb;9(1):135-49. 
- Walsh K, Alexander G. Alcoholic liver disease. Postgrad Med J. 2000 May;76(895):280-6.