Cystitis Interstitial Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after treatment for interstitial cystitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Cystitis Interstitial Specialist
- Clemens JQ, Meenan RT, O'Keeffe Rosetti MC, Brown SO, Gao SY, Calhoun EA. Prevalence of interstitial cystitis symptoms in a managed care population. J Urol. 2005 Aug;174(2):576-80. 
- Kahn BS, Stanford EJ, Mishell DR Jr, Rosenberg MT, Wysocki S. Management of patients with interstitial cystitis or chronic pelvic pain of bladder origin: a consensus report. Curr Med Res Opin. 2005 Apr;21(4):509-16. 
- Porru D, Politano R, Gerardini M, Giliberto GL, Stancati S, Pasini L, Tinelli C, Rovereto B. Different clinical presentation of interstitial cystitis syndrome. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2004 May-Jun;15(3):198-202.