Cystic Fibrosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- Will my children have this condition?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Cystic Fibrosis Specialist
- Aswani N, Taylor CJ, McGaw J, Pickering M, Rigby AS. Pubertal growth and development in cystic fibrosis: a retrospective review. Acta Paediatr. 2003 Sep;92(9):1029-32. 
- Long JM, Fauset-Jones J, Dixon MJ, Worthington-Riley D, Sharma V, Patel L, David TJ. Annual review hospital visits for patients with cystic fibrosis. J R Soc Med. 2001;94 Suppl 40:12-6. 
- Prescott WA Jr, Johnson CE. Antiinflammatory therapies for cystic fibrosis: past, present, and future. Pharmacotherapy. 2005 Apr;25(4):555-73. 
- Schoni MH, Casaulta-Aebischer C. Nutrition and lung function in cystic fibrosis patients: review. Clin Nutr. 2000 Apr;19(2):79-85.