Cystic Fibrosis Incidence
Facts about cystic fibrosis:
- Cystic fibrosis (CF) is the most common cause of chronic lung disease in children.
- It is the most common fatal hereditary disorder affecting Caucasians in the US.
- One in twenty-five people carry the CF gene.
- About 1 out of every 2,000 Caucasians has CF.
- It is less common in African Americans, Native Americans, and Asians.
Continue to Cystic Fibrosis Risk Factors
- Aswani N, Taylor CJ, McGaw J, Pickering M, Rigby AS. Pubertal growth and development in cystic fibrosis: a retrospective review. Acta Paediatr. 2003 Sep;92(9):1029-32. 
- Long JM, Fauset-Jones J, Dixon MJ, Worthington-Riley D, Sharma V, Patel L, David TJ. Annual review hospital visits for patients with cystic fibrosis. J R Soc Med. 2001;94 Suppl 40:12-6. 
- Prescott WA Jr, Johnson CE. Antiinflammatory therapies for cystic fibrosis: past, present, and future. Pharmacotherapy. 2005 Apr;25(4):555-73. 
- Schoni MH, Casaulta-Aebischer C. Nutrition and lung function in cystic fibrosis patients: review. Clin Nutr. 2000 Apr;19(2):79-85.