Prevention of carpal tunnel syndrome includes:
- Avoid sudden movement of the wrist.
- Use wrist splints for carpal tunnel syndrome
- Wear the splints at night.
- Wear the splints while working with your hands.
- Maintain correct posture when using a computer keyboard.
- Perform exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome:
- As directed by your doctor
- Avoid heavy lifting.
- Avoid repetitive movement of the hand.
Continue to CTS Underlying Cause
- Bland JD. Carpal tunnel syndrome. Curr Opin Neurol. 2005 Oct;18(5):581-5. 
- Jarvik JG, Yuen E, Kliot M. Diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome: electrodiagnostic and MR imaging evaluation. Neuroimaging Clin N Am. 2004 Feb;14(1):93-102, viii. 
- MacDermid JC, Wessel J. Clinical diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome: a systematic review. J Hand Ther. 2004 Apr-Jun;17(2):309-19. 
- Michlovitz SL. Conservative interventions for carpal tunnel syndrome. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2004 Oct;34(10):589-600.