Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care cough in adults cough in children pain and fever adults pain and fever children warning signs Complications Underlying Cause Transmission Types
Cryptococcal Pneumonia Types
Three types of cryptococcal infection include:
- Pulmonary cryptococcosis:
- The site of initial infection.
- Cryptococcal meningitis
- Disseminated cryptococcosis:
- Infection has spread to the skin and other locations outside the brain.
PubMed Cryptococcal Pneumonia References
- Revenga F, Paricio JF, Merino FJ, Nebreda T, Ramirez T, Martinez AM. Primary cutaneous cryptococcosis in an immunocompetent host: case report and review of the literature. Dermatology. 2002;204(2):145-9. 
- The University of South Alabama Headache Center. Cryptococcal meningitis: not restricted to the "at risk" population. Headache. 2005 Apr;45(4):372-3.