Crohn's Disease Outlook
What to expect with Crohn's disease:
- Most people with Crohn's have symptoms that come and go.
- Most people with Crohn's disease are admitted to the hospital for worsening symptoms once a year.
- There is a slightly increased risk of cancer of the colon in those who have Crohn's disease.
- Nearly 2 out of 3 people with Crohn's cases have disease that is confined to the small intestine.
- One out of five people with Crohn's will have disease only in the large intestine.
Continue to Crohn's Disease Complications
- Hela S, Nihel M, Faten L, Monia F, Jalel B, Azza F, Slaheddine S. Osteoporosis and Crohn's disease. Joint Bone Spine. 2004 Nov 10. 
- Marrero F, Qadeer MA, Lashner BA. Severe complications of inflammatory bowel disease. Med Clin North Am. 2008 May;92(3):671-86. 
- McKaig BC, Stack WA. Novel approaches to inflammatory bowel disease. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 1998 Jul;7(7):1099-113. 
- Petros JG. Crohn's disease update. Curr Surg. 2000 March - April;57(2):95-103.