Crib Death Treatment
Treatment for SIDS focuses on assisting the family to cope with the loss of an infant.
Treatment for the family may include:
- Mental health counseling for SIDS
- Support groups for SIDS
Continue to Crib Death Prevention
- Chen A, Rogan WJ. Breastfeeding and the risk of postneonatal death in the United States. Pediatrics. 2004 May;113(5):e435-9. 
- Hall KL, Zalman B. Evaluation and management of apparent life-threatening events in children. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jun 15;71(12):2301-8. 
- Malloy MH, MacDorman M. Changes in the classification of sudden unexpected infant deaths: United States, 1992-2001. Pediatrics. 2005 May;115(5):1247-53. 
- Nelson EA, Yu LM, Williams S; International Child Care Practices Study Group Members. International Child Care Practices study: breastfeeding and pacifier use. J Hum Lact. 2005 Aug;21(3):289-95. 
- Okada K, Miyako M, Honma S, Wakabayashi Y, Sugihara S, Osawa M. Discharge diagnoses in infants with apparent life-threatening event. Pediatr Int. 2003 Oct;45(5):560-3.