Craniopharyngioma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of craniopharyngioma.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Craniopharyngioma Radiation Therapy
- Dipatri AJ Jr, Prabhu V. A history of the treatment of craniopharyngiomas. Childs Nerv Syst. 2005 Aug;21(8-9):606-621. 
- Lena G, Paredes AP, Scavarda D, Giusiano B. Craniopharyngioma in children: Marseille experience. Childs Nerv Syst. 2005 Aug;21(8-9):778-84. 
- Tsai EC, Santoreneos S, Rutka JT. Tumors of the skull base in children: review of tumor types and management strategies. Neurosurg Focus. 2002 May 15;12(5):e1.