Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation types Treatment specialist Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Facts about cerebral palsy:
- Cerebral palsy occurs in about 3 out of 1,000 normal births in the U.S.
- It affects about 1 out of 100 premature infants.
Continue to CP Risk Factors
PubMed CP References
- Bax M, Goldstein M, Rosenbaum P, Leviton A, Paneth N, Dan B, Jacobson B, Damiano D; Executive Committee for the Definition of Cerebral Palsy. Proposed definition and classification of cerebral palsy, April 2005. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2005 Aug;47(8):571-6. 
- Bonellie SR, Currie D, Chalmers J. Comparison of risk factors for cerebral palsy in twins and singletons. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2005 Sep;47(9):587-91. 
- Howard J, Soo B, Graham HK, Boyd RN, Reid S, Lanigan A, Wolfe R, Reddihough DS. Cerebral palsy in Victoria: Motor types, topography and gross motor function. J Paediatr Child Health. 2005 Sep-Oct;41(9-10):479-83.