Coronary Syndrome Surgery
Blocked coronary arteries require bypass surgery. The aim is to provide blood flow to the artery beyond the blockage, bypassing the obstruction. Small arteries in the chest wall, or veins from the legs, are removed for this purpose. A small segment of the bypass vessel is attached to the wall of the diseased vessel, where blood flow is strong. And then, the other end of the bypass vessel is attached to the blocked vessel, beyond the blockage. This allows blood to flow around the blockage, restoring the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the part of the heart that was supplied by the vessel before it became blocked.
The risks for bypass surgery:
Continue to Coronary Syndrome Thrombolytics
- Achar SA, Kundu S, Norcross WA. Diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Jul 1;72(1):119-26. 
- Brown TL, Merrill J, Hill P, Bengel FM. Relationship of coronary calcium and myocardial perfusion in individuals with chest pain. Assessed by integrated rubidium-82 PET-CT. Nuklearmedizin. 2008;47(6):255-260. 
- Mattu A, Petrini J, Swencki S, Chaudhari C, Brady WJ. Premature atherosclerosis and acute coronary syndrome in systemic lupus erythematosus. Am J Emerg Med. 2005 Sep;23(5):696-703. 
- Moriel M, Behar S, Tzivoni D, Hod H, Boyko V, Gottlieb S. Management and outcomes of elderly women and men with acute coronary syndromes in 2000 and 2002. Arch Intern Med. 2005 Jul 11;165(13):1521-6. 
- Ofili E. Acute coronary syndrome in women. J Fam Pract. 2005 Jul;Suppl:6-7. 
- Perers E, Caidahl K, Herlitz J, Karlson BW, Karlsson T, Hartford M. Treatment and short-term outcome in women and men with acute coronary syndromes. Int J Cardiol. 2005 Aug 18;103(2):120-7. 
- Thuresson M, Jarlov MB, Lindahl B, Svensson L, Zedigh C, Herlitz J. Symptoms and type of symptom onset in acute coronary syndrome in relation to ST elevation, sex, age, and a history of diabetes. Am Heart J. 2005 Aug;150(2):234-42. 
- Wallentin L. Prevention of cardiovascular events after acute coronary syndrome. Semin Vasc Med. 2005 Aug;5(3):293-300. 
- Yilmaz H, Basarici I. Troponin levels and acute coronary syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Aug 16;46(4):741.