Coronary Artery Occlusion Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of a heart attack.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Coronary Artery Occlusion Specialist
- Arad Y, Goodman KJ, Roth M, Newstein D, Guerci AD. Coronary calcification, coronary disease risk factors, C-reactive protein, and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease events: the St. Francis Heart Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Jul 5;46(1):158-65. 
- Brown TL, Merrill J, Hill P, Bengel FM. Relationship of coronary calcium and myocardial perfusion in individuals with chest pain. Assessed by integrated rubidium-82 PET-CT. Nuklearmedizin. 2008;47(6):255-260. 
- Hansson GK. Inflammation, atherosclerosis, and coronary artery disease. N Engl J Med. 2005 Apr 21;352(16):1685-95. 
- Jaumdally R, Lip GY, Varma C. Percutaneous coronary interventions for coronary artery disease: the long and short of optimizing medical therapy. Int J Clin Pract. 2005 Sep;59(9):1070-81. 
- Lewandrowski K, Chen A, Januzzi J. Cardiac markers for myocardial infarction. A brief review. Am J Clin Pathol. 2002 Dec;118 Suppl:S93-9. 
- Perers E, Caidahl K, Herlitz J, Karlson BW, Karlsson T, Hartford M. Treatment and short-term outcome in women and men with acute coronary syndromes. Int J Cardiol. 2005 Aug 18;103(2):120-7. 
- Sheridan PJ, Crossman DC. Critical review of unstable angina and non-ST elevation myocardial infarction. Postgrad Med J. 2002 Dec;78(926):717-26. 
- Thuresson M, Jarlov MB, Lindahl B, Svensson L, Zedigh C, Herlitz J. Symptoms and type of symptom onset in acute coronary syndrome in relation to ST elevation, sex, age, and a history of diabetes. Am Heart J. 2005 Aug;150(2):234-42. 
- Yilmaz H, Basarici I. Troponin levels and acute coronary syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Aug 16;46(4):741.