Cord Compression Treatment
The treatment for epidural compression syndrome depends on the underlying cause. Treatment for epidural compression usually includes some combination of surgery, radiation therapy, and corticosteroids.
Treatment for epidural compression may include:
- Surgery for spinal cord compression:
- Radiation therapy for spinal cord compression
- Intravenous corticosteroids for spinal cord compression
For more information:
Cord Compression Specialist
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat epidural compression syndrome:
Continue to Cord Compression Warning Signs
- Byrne TN. Metastatic epidural cord compression. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2004 May;4(3):191-5. 
- Chamberlain MC, Kormanik PA. Epidural spinal cord compression: a single institution's retrospective experience. Neuro-oncol. 1999 Apr;1(2):120-3. 
- Eriks IE, Angenot EL, Lankhorst GJ. Epidural metastatic spinal cord compression: functional outcome and survival after inpatient rehabilitation. Spinal Cord. 2004 Apr;42(4):235-9.