Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment drugs questions for doctor specialist Home Care first aid taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types Anatomy
Facts about seizures:
- About 200,000 people experience a seizure for the first time each year in the US.
- About 4 million people in the US have had a seizure.
- There are up to 100,000 new cases of epilepsy diagnosed every year.
Continue to Convulsions Symptoms
PubMed Convulsions References
- Alsaadi TM, Marquez AV. Psychogenic nonepileptic seizures. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Sep 1;72(5):849-56. 
- Camfield P, Camfield C. Epileptic syndromes in childhood: clinical features, outcomes, and treatment. Epilepsia. 2002;43 Suppl 3:27-32. 
- Kinsman SL, Vining EP, Quaskey SA, Mellits D, Freeman JM. Efficacy of the ketogenic diet for intractable seizure disorders: review of 58 cases. Epilepsia. 1992 Nov-Dec;33(6):1132-6. 
- Pearl PL, Bennett HD, Khademian Z. Seizures and metabolic disease. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 2005 Mar;5(2):127-33. 
- Posner EB, Mohamed K, Marson AG. A systematic review of treatment of typical absence seizures in children and adolescents with ethosuximide, sodium valproate or lamotrigine. Seizure. 2005 Mar;14(2):117-22.