Conjunctivitis Viral Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of viral conjunctivitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having viral conjunctivitis again?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Conjunctivitis Viral Specialist
- Bingen E, Cohen R, Jourenkova N, Gehanno P. Epidemiologic study of conjunctivitis-otitis syndrome. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005 Aug;24(8):731-2. 
- Shiuey Y, Ambati BK, Adamis AP. A randomized, double-masked trial of topical ketorolac versus artificial tears for treatment of viral conjunctivitis. Ophthalmology. 2000 Aug;107(8):1512-7. 
- Weber CM, Eichenbaum JW. Acute red eye. Differentiating viral conjunctivitis from other, less common causes. Postgrad Med. 1997 May;101(5):185-6, 189-92, 195-6.