Collapsed Lung Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of pneumothorax.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Will I need surgery?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- When can I resume an exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having pneumothorax again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Collapsed Lung Specialist
- Bulajich B, Subotich D, Mandarich D, Kljajich RV, Gajich M. Influence of atmospheric pressure, outdoor temperature, and weather phases on the onset of spontaneous pneumothorax. Ann Epidemiol. 2005 Mar;15(3):185-90. 
- Gilligan P, Hegarty D, Hassan TB. The point of the needle. Occult pneumothorax: a review. Emerg Med J. 2003 May;20(3):293-6. 
- Peikert T, Gillespie DJ, Cassivi SD. Catamenial pneumothorax. Mayo Clin Proc. 2005 May;80(5):677-80. 
- Putukian M. Pneumothorax and pneumomediastinum. Clin Sports Med. 2004 Jul;23(3):443-54, x.