Cleft Palate Incidence
Facts about a cleft palate:
- Cleft lip and cleft palate occur in approximately 1 out of every 700 births.
- It is the fourth most common birth defect in the US.
For more information:
Continue to Cleft Palate Risk Factors
- Carstens MH. Development of the facial midline. J Craniofac Surg. 2002 Jan;13(1):129-87; discussion 188-90. 
- Sadove AM, van Aalst JA, Culp JA. Cleft palate repair: art and issues. Clin Plast Surg. 2004 Apr;31(2):231-41. 
- Weinfeld AB, Hollier LH, Spira M, Stal S. International trends in the treatment of cleft lip and palate. Clin Plast Surg. 2005 Jan;32(1):19-23, vii.