Clam Digger's Itch Home Care
Home care for swimmer's itch includes:
- Wear protective clothing, such as waders, if you are wading for long periods.
- Wash your skin in clean water after swimming or wading.
- Gently scrub your skin with a soapy face cloth.
- Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream:
- Apply to the skin, 4 times a day.
- Avoid scratching: this can cause infection.
- Oral antihistamines for itching:
Continue to Clam Digger's Itch Prevention
- Verbrugge LM, Rainey JJ, Reimink RL, Blankespoor HD. Prospective study of swimmer's itch incidence and severity. J Parasitol. 2004 Aug;90(4):697-704. 
- Verbrugge LM, Rainey JJ, Reimink RL, Blankespoor HD. Swimmer's itch: incidence and risk factors. Am J Public Health. 2004 May;94(5):738-41.