Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation fiberoptic procedures Treatment diet drugs questions for doctor specialist surgery Home Care liver disease diet taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Facts about cirrhosis:
- Cirrhosis is the seventh leading cause of death in the US.
- Cirrhosis is the third leading cause of death for adults between ages 45 and 65.
- About 25,000 people die each year from cirrhosis.
- Hepatitis C is the most common cause of cirrhosis, followed by alcoholism.
- About half of those who die from cirrhosis are alcoholics.
Continue to Cirrhosis Risk Factors
PubMed Cirrhosis References
- Levitsky J, Mailliard ME. Diagnosis and therapy of alcoholic liver disease. Semin Liver Dis. 2004 Aug;24(3):233-47. 
- Tome S, Lucey MR. Review article: current management of alcoholic liver disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004 Apr 1;19(7):707-14. 
- Wakim-Fleming J, Mullen KD. Long-term management of alcoholic liver disease. Clin Liver Dis. 2005 Feb;9(1):135-49. 
- Walsh K, Alexander G. Alcoholic liver disease. Postgrad Med J. 2000 May;76(895):280-6.