Cholesterol Elevated Outlook
What to expect with high cholesterol:
- High cholesterol can be treated successfully with dietary changes and medication.
- Although treatment will not reverse damage to the arteries, it can prevent worsening damage to the arteries.
- In general, a 1 percent reduction in blood cholesterol can result in a 2 percent reduction in coronary artery disease.
Continue to Cholesterol Elevated Complications
- Borghi C, Veronesi M, Bacchelli S, Esposti DD, Cosentino E, Ambrosioni E. Serum cholesterol levels, blood pressure response to stress and incidence of stable hypertension in young subjects with high normal blood pressure. J Hypertens. 2004 Feb;22(2):265-72. 
- Morgan JM, Capuzzi DM. Hypercholesterolemia. The NCEP Adult Treatment Panel III Guidelines. Geriatrics. 2003 Aug;58(8):33-8. 
- Schatz IJ, Masaki K, Yano K, Chen R, Rodriguez BL, Curb JD. Cholesterol and all-cause mortality in elderly people from the Honolulu Heart Program: a cohort study. Lancet. 2001 Aug 4;358(9279):351-5.