Facts about cholangiocarcinoma:
- About 40 percent of people survive longer than 5 years if treatment is started before the tumor spreads to the liver.
- Once the tumor spreads to the liver, death usually occurs within a few months.
Continue to Cholangiocarcinoma Complications
- Jones BA, Gores GJ. Hepatobiliary malignancy. Clin Liver Dis. 1998 May;2(2):437-49, xi-xii. 
- Lazaridis KN, Gores GJ. Cholangiocarcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2005 May;128(6):1655-67. 
- Thongprasert S. The role of chemotherapy in cholangiocarcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2005;16 Suppl 2:ii93-6.