Chlamydia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of venereal disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having venereal disease again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Chlamydia Specialist
- Aledort JE, Hook EW 3rd, Weinstein MC, Goldie SJ. The cost effectiveness of gonorrhea screening in urban emergency departments. Sex Transm Dis. 2005 Jul;32(7):425-36. 
- Dicker LW, Mosure DJ, Berman SM, Levine WC. Gonorrhea prevalence and coinfection with chlamydia in women in the United States, 2000. Sex Transm Dis. 2003 May;30(5):472-6. 
- Mark KE, Gunn RA. Gonorrhea surveillance: estimating epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of reported cases using a sample survey methodology. Sex Transm Dis. 2004 Apr;31(4):215-20. 
- Miller WC, Zenilman JM. Epidemiology of chlamydial infection, gonorrhea, and trichomoniasis in the United States--2005. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2005 Jun;19(2):281-96. 
- Phipps W, Stanley H, Kohn R, Stansell J, Klausner JD. Syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea screening in HIV-infected patients in primary care, San Francisco, California, 2003. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2005 Aug;19(8):495-8. 
- Rosenman MB, Kraft SK, Harezlak J, Mahon BE, Katz BP, Wang J, Arno JN. Syphilis testing in association with gonorrhea/chlamydia testing during a syphilis outbreak. Am J Public Health. 2004 Jul;94(7):1124-6.