Childhood Osteomalacia Treatment
- Vitamin D supplements:
- Cholecalciferol (Delta-D)
- May be administered as a single large dose or daily over 2 to 3 months.
- Surgery for rickets
- To correct bone deformities
Continue to Childhood Osteomalacia Underlying Cause
PubMed Childhood Osteomalacia References
- Lerch C, Meissner T. Interventions for the prevention of nutritional rickets in term born children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007 Oct 17;(4):CD006164. 
- Nield LS, Mahajan P, Joshi A, Kamat D. Rickets: not a disease of the past. Am Fam Physician. 2006 Aug 15;74(4):619-26.