Child Neglect Incidence
Facts about child abuse:
- Child protective authorities receive over 3 million reports of child abuse each year in the US.
- Every year, nearly 1.4 million children are abused in some manner.
- About 160,000 children suffer from serious or life threatening injures each year in the US.
Continue to Child Neglect Risk Factors
- Dubowitz H, Pitts SC, Litrownik AJ, Cox CE, Runyan D, Black MM. Defining child neglect based on child protective services data. Child Abuse Negl. 2005 May;29(5):493-511. 
- Ledbetter EO. An ethical approach to intervention/prevention of child maltreatment. Adv Pediatr. 2003;50:215-29. 
- Tenney-Soeiro R, Wilson C. An update on child abuse and neglect. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2004 Apr;16(2):233-7. 
- Tolan P, Gorman-Smith D, Henry D. Family Violence. Annu Rev Psychol. 2005 Aug 31.