Child Autism Types
Autism belongs to a category of disorders called pervasive developmental disorders (PDD). These disorders are characterizes by severe and pervasive impairment in several areas of development.
There are five disorders that fit under PDD:
- Autistic disorder
- Asperger's disorder
- Childhood disintegrative disorder
- Rett's disorder
- PDD - not otherwise specified
- Baron-Cohen S. Autism: research into causes and intervention. Pediatr Rehabil. 2004 Apr-Jun;7(2):73-8. 
- Jordan R. Managing autism and Asperger's syndrome in current educational provision. Pediatr Rehabil. 2005 Apr-Jun;8(2):104-12. 
- Klein KC, Diehl EB. Relationship between MMR vaccine and autism. Ann Pharmacother. 2004 Jul-Aug;38(7-8):1297-300. 
- Ozonoff S, Goodlin-Jones BL, Solomon M. Evidence-based assessment of autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescents. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2005 Sep;34(3):541-7.