CHF Risk Factors
Risk factors for congestive heart failure include:
- Congenital heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Prior myocardial infarction
- Heart valve disease
- High blood pressure
Lifestyle can also play an important role in increasing congestive heart failure risk.
Lifestyle risk factors for congestive heart failure include:
Continue to CHF Symptoms
- Bibbins-Domingo K, Lin F, Vittinghoff E, Barrett-Connor E, Hulley SB, Grady D, Shlipak MG. Predictors of heart failure among women with coronary disease. Circulation. 2004 Sep 14;110(11):1424-30. 
- Chen QM, Tu VC. Apoptosis and heart failure: mechanisms and therapeutic implications. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2002;2(1):43-57. 
- Ebinger MW, Krishnan S, Schuger CD. Mechanisms of ventricular arrhythmias in heart failure. Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2005 Sep;2(3):111-7. 
- Mitchell J, Taylor A. Congestive heart failure in women. J Fam Pract. 2005 Jul;Suppl:6-7.