Change in Taste Treatment
The treatment for a taste change depends upon the underlying cause. General treatment for a taste change may include good oral hygiene and professional dental cleaning.
Treatment for a taste change includes:
- Practice good oral hygiene
- Stop smoking
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke
Continue to Change in Taste Home Care
- Fukunaga A, Uematsu H, Sugimoto K. Influences of aging on taste perception and oral somatic sensation. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2005 Jan;60(1):109-13. 
- Middleton RA, Allman-Farinelli MA. Taste sensitivity is altered in patients with chronic renal failure receiving continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. J Nutr. 1999 Jan;129(1):122-5. 
- Perros P, MacFarlane TW, Counsell C, Frier BM. Altered taste sensation in newly-diagnosed NIDDM. Diabetes Care. 1996 Jul;19(7):768-70.