Overview Incidence Symptoms Evaluation Treatment specialist Home Care pain control Outlook Complications Underlying Cause
Chancroid Underlying Cause
Facts about chancroid:
- Chancroid is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the bacteria, Haemophilus ducreyi.
- In most cases, symptoms of chancroid begin within 2 weeks after exposure.
PubMed Chancroid References
- Bruisten SM. Genital ulcers in women. Curr Womens Health Rep. 2003 Aug;3(4):288-98. 
- Hollier LM, Workowski K. Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases in women. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2003 Dec;30(4):751-75, vii-viii. 
- Lewis DA. Chancroid: clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and management. Sex Transm Infect. 2003 Feb;79(1):68-71.