Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment GI problems lung disease questions for doctor specialist surgery Home Care taking control using an inhaler warning signs wheezing Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Genetics
Facts about cystic fibrosis:
- Lung transplantation may be an option for some cystic fibrosis patients who fail to respond to other treatment.
- Most children who have a lung transplant do not live more than a few years.
Continue to CF Home Care
PubMed CF References
- Aswani N, Taylor CJ, McGaw J, Pickering M, Rigby AS. Pubertal growth and development in cystic fibrosis: a retrospective review. Acta Paediatr. 2003 Sep;92(9):1029-32. 
- Long JM, Fauset-Jones J, Dixon MJ, Worthington-Riley D, Sharma V, Patel L, David TJ. Annual review hospital visits for patients with cystic fibrosis. J R Soc Med. 2001;94 Suppl 40:12-6. 
- Prescott WA Jr, Johnson CE. Antiinflammatory therapies for cystic fibrosis: past, present, and future. Pharmacotherapy. 2005 Apr;25(4):555-73. 
- Schoni MH, Casaulta-Aebischer C. Nutrition and lung function in cystic fibrosis patients: review. Clin Nutr. 2000 Apr;19(2):79-85.