Cervical Dysplasia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of cervical dysplasia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Cervical Dysplasia Home Care
- Bacon J, Francoeur D, Goldfarb AF, Breech LL. Abnormal pap smears in adolescents. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2003 Jun;16(3):157-66. 
- Bundrick JB, Cook DA, Gostout BS. Screening for cervical cancer and initial treatment of patients with abnormal results from papanicolaou testing. Mayo Clin Proc. 2005 Aug;80(8):1063-8. 
- Cox JT. Management of women with cervical cancer precursor lesions. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2002 Dec;29(4):787-816. 
- Wright JD, Davila RM, Pinto KR, et al. Cervical dysplasia in adolescents. Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Jul;106(1):115-20.