Cervical Dysplasia Home Care
Home care for cervical dysplasia includes:
- Acetaminophen for pain
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin, NeoProfen)
- Ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis, Oruvail)
- Naproxen (Anaprox, Naprosyn, Aleve)
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Get regular PAP smears.
Cervical Dysplasia Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have cervical dysplasia and any of the following:
Continue to Cervical Dysplasia Prevention
- Bacon J, Francoeur D, Goldfarb AF, Breech LL. Abnormal pap smears in adolescents. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2003 Jun;16(3):157-66. 
- Bundrick JB, Cook DA, Gostout BS. Screening for cervical cancer and initial treatment of patients with abnormal results from papanicolaou testing. Mayo Clin Proc. 2005 Aug;80(8):1063-8. 
- Cox JT. Management of women with cervical cancer precursor lesions. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2002 Dec;29(4):787-816. 
- Wright JD, Davila RM, Pinto KR, et al. Cervical dysplasia in adolescents. Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Jul;106(1):115-20.