Catatonic Schizophrenia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of schizophrenia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is shock therapy an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for worsening symptoms of schizophrenia?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Catatonic Schizophrenia Specialist
- Cantor-Graae E, Selten JP. Schizophrenia and migration: a meta-analysis and review. Am J Psychiatry. 2005 Jan;162(1):12-24. 
- Kurtz MM, Moberg PJ, Gur RC, Gur RE. Approaches to cognitive remediation of neuropsychological deficits in schizophrenia: a review and meta-analysis. Neuropsychol Rev. 2001 Dec;11(4):197-210. 
- Tarrier N. Cognitive behaviour therapy for schizophrenia -- a review of development, evidence and implementation. Psychother Psychosom. 2005;74(3):136-44. 
- Turkington D, Dudley R, Warman DM, Beck AT. Cognitive-behavioral therapy for schizophrenia: a review. J Psychiatr Pract. 2004 Jan;10(1):5-16.