Cat Scratch Disease Incidence
Facts about cat scratch disease:
- There are up to 2,000 hospitalizations in the US due to cat scratch disease each year.
- Males are affected more frequently than females.
- Most cases occur in the fall and winter.
- The highest incidence is in children under the age of 10.
Continue to Cat Scratch Disease Risk Factors
- Chian CA, Arrese JE, Pierard GE. Skin manifestations of Bartonella infections. Int J Dermatol. 2002 Aug;41(8):461-6. 
- Lamps LW, Scott MA. Cat-scratch disease: historic, clinical, and pathologic perspectives. Am J Clin Pathol. 2004 Jun;121 Suppl:S71-80. 
- Rolain JM, Chanet V, Laurichesse H, Lepidi H, Beytout J, Raoult D. Cat scratch disease with lymphadenitis, vertebral osteomyelitis, and spleen abscesses. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003 Jun;990:397-403.