Cardiomyopathy Peripartum Lifestyle
Lifestyle changes in those with postpartum cardiomyopathy should include:
- Avoid alcohol completely:
- Avoid smoke in all forms.
- Control risk factors:
- A physician-approved exercise program is beneficial in many individuals with congestive heart failure.
- Exercise should be regular but not strenuous.
- Gradually increase your level of activity with walking to increase your strength.
- Do not lift over 10 pounds.
- Develop strategies to conserve your energy.
- Elevate the head of your bed at nighttime and elevate your feet when sitting.
Continue to Cardiomyopathy Peripartum Self-Monitoring
- Airoldi ML, Eid O, Tosetto C, Meroni PL. Post-partum dilated cardiomyopathy in anti-phospholipid positive woman. Lupus. 1996 Jun;5(3):247-50. 
- Bower M, Freeman LJ, Rickards AF, Rowland E. The automatic implantable cardioverter/defibrillator for a life threatening arrhythmia in a case of post-partum cardiomyopathy. Postgrad Med J. 1989 Dec;65(770):932-5. 
- Ng WH, Reid JM. Post-partum cardiomyopathy. Scott Med J. 1978 Jan;23(1):32-3.