Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Incidence
Facts about carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Annually, there are more than 3,800 accidental deaths and suicides caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of death by poisoning in the United States.
Continue to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms
- Annane D, Chevret S, Jars-Guincestre C, Chillet P, Elkharrat D, Gajdos P, Raphael C. Prognostic factors in unintentional mild carbon monoxide poisoning. Intensive Care Med. 2001 Nov;27(11):1776-81. 
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Carbon monoxide poisoning after hurricane Katrina--Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi, August-September 2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005 Oct 7;54(39):996-8. 
- Domachevsky L, Adir Y, Grupper M, Keynan Y, Bentur Y. Hyperbaric oxygen in the treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2005;43(3):181-8. 
- Juurlink DN, Buckley NA, Stanbrook MB, Isbister GK, Bennett M, McGuigan MA. Hyperbaric oxygen for carbon monoxide poisoning. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Jan 25;(1):CD002041.