Candida Vaginitis Prevention
Prevention of yeast vaginitis includes:
- Avoid using soap in the vagina.
- Avoid feminine hygiene products.
- Keep your genitals clean:
- Dry the genitals carefully after bathing or showering.
- Use a vaginal antifungal cream:
- While you are taking an antibiotic
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Change tampons often.
- Avoid prolonged periods in wet clothing, such as a swimming suit.
- Wipe the anus from front to back to avoid spreading bacteria to your vagina.
- Use condoms.
- Urinate before and after intercourse.
Continue to Candida Vaginitis Outlook
- Barousse MM, Van Der Pol BJ, Fortenberry D, Orr D, Fidel PL Jr. Vaginal yeast colonisation, prevalence of vaginitis, and associated local immunity in adolescents. Sex Transm Infect. 2004 Feb;80(1):48-53. 
- Dun E. Antifungal resistance in yeast vaginitis. Yale J Biol Med. 1999 Jul-Aug;72(4):281-5. 
- Spence D. Candidiasis (vulvovaginal). Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):2493-511.