Cancer Thyroid Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of thyroid cancer.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk of complications?
- Are my children at risk for thyroid cancer?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Cancer Thyroid Specialist
- Angelos P. Current approaches to the treatment of well-differentiated thyroid cancer. Oncology (Williston Park). 2002 Mar;16(3):309-15. 
- Intenzo CM, Jabbour S, Dam HQ, Capuzzi DM. Changing concepts in the management of differentiated thyroid cancer. Semin Nucl Med. 2005 Oct;35(4):257-65. 
- Navarro Silvera SA, Miller AB, Rohan TE. Risk factors for thyroid cancer: a prospective cohort study. Int J Cancer. 2005 Sep 1;116(3):433-8. 
- Ringel MD. Diagnostic molecular markers in thyroid cancer. Cancer Treat Res. 2004;122:295-316.