Cancer Rectum Staging
Colon Cancer Staging
Doctors use a system called staging to describe how much a cancer has spread to surrounding tissues or other parts of the body. The cancer stage is important when deciding on the most effective course of therapy.
Staging colon cancer usually includes some combination of the following tests:
Continue to Cancer Rectum Stage 0
- Andre N, Schmiegel W. Chemoradiotherapy for colorectal cancer. Gut. 2005 Aug;54(8):1194-202. 
- Eisen GM, Weinberg DS. Narrative review: screening for colorectal cancer in patients with a first-degree relative with colonic neoplasia. Ann Intern Med. 2005 Aug 2;143(3):190-8. 
- Hoff PM. New drugs for colorectal cancer. Cancer Chemother Biol Response Modif. 2003;21:817-29. 
- Labianca R, Beretta GD, Mosconi S, Milesi L, Pessi MA. Colorectal cancer: screening. Ann Oncol. 2005;16 Suppl 2:ii127-32. 
- Lacy A. Colon cancer: laparoscopic resection. Ann Oncol. 2005;16 Suppl 2:ii88-92. 
- Lao CD, Brenner DE. Strategies for prevention of colorectal cancer: pharmaceutical and nutritional interventions. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2004 Oct;5(5):417-26. 
- Mendenhall WM, Amos EH, Rout WR, Zlotecki RA, Hochwald SN, Cance WG. Adjuvant postoperative radiotherapy for colon carcinoma. Cancer. 2004 Sep 15;101(6):1338-44. 
- Solum AM, Riffenburgh RH, Johnstone PA. Survival of patients with untreated rectal cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2004 Sep 15;87(4):157-61.